Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Own Creation/I found a beauty supplier!!!

Hi everyone!  So today I would like to share a little nail art that I came up with all by myself!  I was sitting at work a few weeks ago toward the end of the day, and then it just hit me!  I wanted to do a  single neon and single purple chevron with black dots in-between.  I went home, painted it, and loved it!  Now, I did think of it on my own, but thats not to say others haven't thought of it before.  I used Milani Totally 80's and China Glaze Coconut Kiss.  You will probably notice that my cuticles are a bit flooded in this look, this is because I was afraid that if I did clean up, I would loose too much of the neon color.  If my nails were longer I would have had more space to work with and would have cleaned up,  buuuut, since my nails are still in the nub stage, I decided to not do clean up.

Now on to so exciting news!  I found a beauty supplier!  I always have seen that all the bloggers I admire have a "supplier" and always wanted my own.  Well, I was in the town next to where I live a few weeks ago and found a one off nail supply retailer!  It looks like a bit of a hole in the wall, but you go inside and its about 6 isles of all kinds of nail supplies.  If I remember correctly there are 5 end cap cases about 6 ft tall holding all of the OPI nail polish you could imagine!  There were colors I have never seen before, colors from discontinued collections, and the Euro collection that had just come out the day before!!!!  And, the owner said if there is any color I want that I don't see, that he can see if he can hunt it down for me!!!!!  Im so excited!  No more paying $9.00 at Ulta for OPI anymore!  This place also has an incredible selection of Color Club and a decent selection of China Glaze.  I cant express how excited I am about this!  :)


I really love how this came out!  It was all done with tape and a dotting tool.

I am trying to work on my photography, I just bought some new lights and will hopefully try them out today!

I put this photo up because I am liking the idea of playing with hand positioning.  I recently saw a post on Chalkboard Nails blog where she did something like this with her hand and really loved the way it looked.  

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty design, Kristina! I'm glad you found a supplier, too. It's always nice to get a price break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on the design! That's really cool-looking. I'm glad that you found a local supplier that you like, too. That's always handy.

    ReplyDelete