Thursday, January 17, 2013

Layla Cosmetics CE-52 AKA "The Butterfly Effect"

Hi everyone, how are you doing?  It has been so miserably cloudy here in "Sunny Florida" for the past few weeks, which is especially depressing when you happen to need the sun to capture beautiful photos of nail polish...But fortunately yesterday we got sun for a few hours and I was able to get some lovely shots of this awesome polish from Layla Cosmetics.  I saw this in Ulta sitting all by its lonesome, and knew I had to have it!   Purple is my absolute favorite color, and I go wild for anything with a rainbow effect, which makes this polish the bomb.  I have never heard of this brand, so I tried to research it some more.  I guess because it is a foreign brand, there isn't much on it out there.  I was able to find only a couple reviews of this polish.  Now on to mine!

Okay, so technically I wrote the top paragraph a few days ago...and got distracted by wanting to build a light box again, which I will hopefully talk about after I finish it tonight!
I have never owned a "Jelly" polish, until now.  I didn't know it was a jelly until I started painting, and noticed the thinness of it.  Instead of using a base color, I applied 3 coats of the polish.  I really love it.   The purple is amazing, the flakies are rainbow-tastic, and there is tiny pink glitter all over the place!  What more could a girl ask for?

Its amazing what using a top coat will do, I am not so tedious with caring for my non photographed hand.  I have had this polish on for about 5 days, due to the lack of sunlight, and my photo hand is doing great!  However, the non photo hand is looking a bit ragged...

Well, the forecast says sunny everyday for the next week or so, and I am beyond excited to paint my nails!  Sorry if this post has been a bit frantic!  Enjoy the photos!  :)





1 comment: