Monday, January 28, 2013

Teal/Green Water Marble


The process of the water marble was really easy and clean, which really surprised me.  If you have tried water marbling you know what I am talking about.  I guess practice helps!  Lets just hope its the same for stamping...still have not mastered that.

On my other hand, I decided to be lazy and do my first ombre!  For that I used all three colors in the water marble plus China Glaze For Audrey, and on my thumb (not pictured) I used Sally Hansen Sea.  I have to say Sea really surprised me, in the bottle it looks like it would be opaque.  But really it is quite translucent.  I really like it, and want to find a way to use it again.

A co-worker of mine told me her daughter likes to do her nails, YAY!   She has tried the water marble, but has a tough time with it.  So, I told her I would post a tutorial on how to water marble.  However, I decided it would be better to share a link to the blog that really helped me learn how to water marble.  That would be Chloe's Nails.  I referred to her tutorial over and over until I got it down!











3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks really cool! It's interesting how some of the nail art techniques remind me of soapmaking techiques. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats true Jenny, I have seen a few soaps with that marble effect! ;)

    ReplyDelete