Monday, October 29, 2012

This is Halloween Nail Art Challenge: Graveyard

Hey everybody!  Before I get started, I want to say welcome to my 3 followers!  Thank you!  I hope you enjoy!  There are 3 more days until to Halloween, which means it's marathon time with the challenge!  For the next 3 days it is 3 different designs.  Bang, bang, bang!  I have enjoyed doing this challenge, but I think I am ready for it to be done.  I want to paint my nails something other than orange, black, purple, or green!  My birthday is coming up in 5 days, so maybe I will do a mini birthday challenge!  Candles one day, cake the next, streamers, who knows?

In the meantime, let's get back to the challenge at hand.  Graveyard!  I decided to do a gradient for this, and then paint tombstones and crosses over the gradient.  I know what you are thinking; "Kristina, you've done a gradient THREE times in this challenge!"  I honestly did not realize this until a few minutes ago when I was looking through my photos.  You would think I would be a pro at it, but I still am figuring it out.  Gradient is tough.  Hopefully I am getting better at it!  Ok, so I got side tracked again.  For this challenge I used 7 different polishes!  On the nails it only looks like 4.  I used the silver for the base, hoping that some shimmer would come out when I did the sponging.  Really I think I could have used the pale purple instead.  I had a lot of trial and error on a paper towel to get it right.  Actually I didn't feel like I had it right, I was just read to get going!  I finally narrowed it down to a swipe of Ulta "TuTu Cute", a swipe of Sally Hansen "Greige Gardens", and a swipe of NYC "Skin Tight Denim Creme".  Every now and then I threw some of the NYC "Tribeca Silver" into the mix.

Over all I would say it came out pretty good!  The only thing I noticed was the polish started to get really tacky and rough.  I am not sure exactly what the cause of this is, maybe too much sponging?  Either way I like what I got, and there is a bit of shimmer in there!


These are the 4 I used for the gradient.  Left to right:  Ulta "TuTu Cute" Sally Hansen "Greige Gardens" NYC "Skin Tight Denim Creme" and NYC "Tribeca Silver"
My Graveyard!  When I was sponging a piece of the sponge came off and suck into the polish.  I tried to retrieve it with tweezers, but it was too late.  Of course it happened on the finger I chose for the moon!  I can see it, can you?  Haha!

I really love this shot because it really captures the shimmer!  Especially on my index finger.  Sorry for the junk in the background, but I had to share this shot!




3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks really cool! Love the sparkly gradient. You did a great job making the graveyards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Kristina! Love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete